This is one of a collection of web development courses.
It follows on from a basic starter covering HTML and CSS.
Any Raspberry Pi, laptop or tablet is suitable.
The only software needed is already on most computers:
- a text editor (Notepad) and a web browser (Chrome, Firefox).
This makes a solid foundation for computer animation.
Here is a shell folder structure for students to do their own work.
1. Click on this link to download and save a zipped file.
2. Look for student_p5js_intro.zip in your Download folder.
3. Move the file to anywhere you want to create your sketches.
This can be put anywhere you like. Documents is a good choice.
4. Right-click on the file student_p5js_intro.zip
5. Click on Extract All...
6. In the window that opens, click the Extract button.
7. After a few moments a window will open with your new folder structure.
8. The student_p5js_intro.zip file in longer needed and can be deleted.
9. Open the newly created folder student_p5js_intro.
10. Double click on index.html to open it in your web browser.
11. Follow the instructions on its first page.