Highland Council - [Requirements + Shopfront Design Guide]
Must be no more than 1m high.
Must be approximately 1m high.
Transport Scotland - [Good practice]
The minimum height of the board is 1m [that is no less than 1m]
Note: Only a height of 1m satisfies all these requirements.
Comment: An obstacle less than 1.0m high is a hazard for visually impaired people.
Transport Scotland's good practice is consistent with this and seems correct.
Highland Council's shopfront design guide of approximately 1.0m is acceptable.
Highland Council's requirement of no more than 1.0m fails to address the hazard.
This latter constraint may possibly account for various installed low stone bollards and art work.
The top of these bollards and art work is typically at about 0.6m (about knee-height).
• Savers - Flag sign - too tall
• Begg Shoes - Flag sign - too tall
• Zoom - Sign - Low
• VPZ (Vape Clinic) - Sign - Low
• ? Rendezvous - Sign - Low
• ? The Auctioneers - Sign - Low
• ? Cabar Feidh - Sign - Low
• ? The Malt Room - Sign - Low
• ? Mieles Ice Cream - Sign - Low
• ? Victory Global Food Store - Sign - Low
• ? Blackfriars Bar - Sign - Low
• ? Isle of Skye Candle Company - Sign - Low
• ? W H Smith - Sign - Low
• ? TheWorks.co.uk - Sign - Low
• ? Gleneagles of Scotland - Sign - Low
+ those Fixed to Street Furniture